Creating value by integrating traditional and digital PR

This week I’m in Atlanta for the first-ever Solo PR Summit–organized by friend and fellow solo PR, Kellye Crane. After a great first day, I’m bracing for day two which incudes presentations from folks like Mark Schaefer, Tom Martin, Kami Huyse and Kevin Dugan.

Yeah, it’s like that. Solo PR style, y’all.

Solo PR Summit

Yesterday, my friend Heather Whaling and I presented on the topic of integrating a traditional and digital PR campaign–for a solo PR pro. Might not seem like a groundbreaking topic, but for a solo pro, an integrated plan can be tough to pull off–and a lot of work.

In the presentation below, Heather and I break down five areas (launches, events, non-news times, blogger outreach and crisis communication) where you have opportunities to integrate. And, we tell you how we did it with a few of our clients.

Each area is broken down by business challenge, our process, results and “tweetable tips.”

Hope you enjoy–and can take something away from the deck (whether you’re a solo or now).

17 comments on “Creating value by integrating traditional and digital PR

1. MMUpchurch says:

@arikhanson Thanks for sharing this! I appreciate it! #SoloPR

2. ladysportsman says:

This is cool, thanks for sharing. I’ve never heard of SoloPR, but I just started following them now. I see they offer memberships – do you or anyone you know have a membership w them and do you find value in it?

@ladysportsman Yes! We can talk more offline, but I would definitely recommend. Plus, you’ll get to know Kellye Crane  which is definitely a good thing.

4. HughAnderson says:

Nice to see a presentation with so many great real-life examples. Thanks for sharing so quickly. Have a great party in Atlanta – sounds like a great cast of characters present :)

5. admom1 says:

@kristirholmes Thanks for sharing that presentation, Kristi! Are you a member of SoloPR?

6. kristirholmes says:

@admom1 No Problem. No, not part of SoloPR. I believe we connected originally via brandchat. Great piece though!

7. admom1 says:

@kristirholmes Yes, we did – I was just wondering if you were a member. 😉 I know who you are! :) Have a great weekend!

8. kristirholmes says:

@admom1 LOL – You have a great one too!

9. KellyeCrane says:

@arikhanson I missed it! (I have a post-#SoloPR Summit head cold that has me a bit foggy). Thanks for sharing, and for the good stuff!

10. Digital Marketing is becoming the main focus of many PR campaigns in the present age. Leading traditional PR agencies are starting up sister companies designed to specialise solely in digital campaigns.

11. ArleenH says:

The examples you give were great. I think digital marketing is here to stay for awhile until something else comes up. The world is moving at a face pace and technology is where it is at. It is hard for someone like me to wrap my head around this as I am 66 years old, however being a business owner keeping up with the times is a must. Of course if you blink you could be left in the dust.

12. ArleenH says:

<a href=”http://www.garrettspecialties.com” rel=”nofollow”>RudeeG</a>

13. ArleenH says:

14. Love the slideshare presentation. :) These days, you really need to do traditional and digital PR. An integrated approach is good to amplify your campaigns.

15. Songshub says:

Download mp3 songs free and hug collection of mp3 songs on Check it out! http://songshub.org